
How does a month go by so quickly?? Here's a quick summary of what's been going on around these parts...
1. Doug walked early for his December graduation.
2. A temple in Rome Italy was announced by President Monson!!
3. I went up to Utah for fall break for a week.
4. We officially put our house up for sale.
5. We're moving in January to San Antonio!
On September 27th, Doug walked early for his graduation. He will be finished in December, but it worked out best to have him walk then. It was at the Phoenix Art Muesum, which was a great location. The funny thing is that the fire alarm went off towards the end of the last batch walking across the stage. Everyone sat around looking to see if we really had to pause this great ceremony, which we ended up doing. Doug's fellow classmate leaned over and recognized, "Isn't it funny that after all of these safety classes, when a fire alarm goes off, we just sit around for a while before we react?" It was so heart-warming to see every one of Doug's six siblings break away from their busy lives and families to come down and surprise him for his graduation. I think it was one of the first and probably a rare future occasion to have them altogether without kids. We had fun with them in town.
I took a great fall break up in Utah, thanks to my great sister-in-law who let me bum a ride with her and her four young kids (yes it was an adventure!). Wow, fall is such a GORGEOUS time to take a drive up that way!! Between the changing colors of leaves and the snow-capped mountains, I can see why non-native Arizonans miss "real seasons"... The weather was very chilly the first few days, but was really beautiful.

We drove up during the Saturday General Conference sessions and apparently missed one of the greatest pieces of information... President Monson announced a temple to be built in ROME ITALY!!!!!!!! I cannot explain the joy that came from that announcement. Just thinking back to the members and those we taught in Italy makes me emotional knowing how much they have been waiting for this moment. The first day I went to my Rome Italy Mission, our mission president (President Daniel Jensen) took us to the "future" temple grounds. There is much I could write about that moment, but to say the least, they are truly sacred grounds...
Sunday morning I was able to meet up with my (2nd) mission president and his wife, the Rhein's. That was great. Most of the week up there was just relaxing, spending time on the BYU campus, and meeting up with my brother Marc, as well as with people I hadn't seen in a long time. I ended up staying with one of my all-time favorite roommates, Kelli (Blue Roofers for life!) on a last-minute whim and her and her husband took me in for several days. It was fun spending time with beautiful (& great mom) Kel and getting to know her husband, Kurt, and their beautiful daughter, Felicity. (Kurt, don't forget the M&M's challenge!) I also got to see my Taylor relatives and the Bingham's, as well as one of my districts (PRATO!) from the mission. After a great night of kareoke at Applebee's I think Brittany Mitchell has made her big break for a record deal (no, seriously she can make it big!). I stayed the last night catching up talking practically all night with my MTC companion, Emily Clayton... Wow, after a wonderful and fast week, I came away with feeling so grateful for all of these wonderful people in my life.
While I was gone, Doug found out that he officially has the navigator spot and that he is the very top alternate for pilot for the Air Force. Once he finishes in December with school, we pack up and go to San Antonio. We're excited, but sad that we only have a little bit left in this chapter of our lives. We most likely will be leaving in January. When I got back from Utah, we did our first open house and continue doing open houses every Saturday and Sunday. Keeping up with the house can be a challenge. We just hope that we can sell in this market without getting desperate! We've had a handful of walk-throughs since, but no real deals. Anyway, it will happen when it needs to happen. In the meantime, this is our favorite time of year and we truly are enjoying our beautiful (and hard-worked for!) home. For those of you who don't know, much blood, sweat, and tears (more on my part than Doug's) have gone into this home... a complete remodel to say the LEAST. With all that we have put into it, it will be hard to say goodbye... Hopefully we can have a "good buy" to help with it, though!

Well, I really wanted to shorten this post, but I realized that there was a lot to catch up on! Thanks for reading. I'm excited to put up Halloween pictures. We decided with our friends that we are going to dress up like the Clue characters (from the board game)! By the way, my new calling is a RS teacher (4th Sunday). I'm really excited about it. =)
1. Doug walked early for his December graduation.
2. A temple in Rome Italy was announced by President Monson!!
3. I went up to Utah for fall break for a week.
4. We officially put our house up for sale.
5. We're moving in January to San Antonio!
On September 27th, Doug walked early for his graduation. He will be finished in December, but it worked out best to have him walk then. It was at the Phoenix Art Muesum, which was a great location. The funny thing is that the fire alarm went off towards the end of the last batch walking across the stage. Everyone sat around looking to see if we really had to pause this great ceremony, which we ended up doing. Doug's fellow classmate leaned over and recognized, "Isn't it funny that after all of these safety classes, when a fire alarm goes off, we just sit around for a while before we react?" It was so heart-warming to see every one of Doug's six siblings break away from their busy lives and families to come down and surprise him for his graduation. I think it was one of the first and probably a rare future occasion to have them altogether without kids. We had fun with them in town.
I took a great fall break up in Utah, thanks to my great sister-in-law who let me bum a ride with her and her four young kids (yes it was an adventure!). Wow, fall is such a GORGEOUS time to take a drive up that way!! Between the changing colors of leaves and the snow-capped mountains, I can see why non-native Arizonans miss "real seasons"... The weather was very chilly the first few days, but was really beautiful.

We drove up during the Saturday General Conference sessions and apparently missed one of the greatest pieces of information... President Monson announced a temple to be built in ROME ITALY!!!!!!!! I cannot explain the joy that came from that announcement. Just thinking back to the members and those we taught in Italy makes me emotional knowing how much they have been waiting for this moment. The first day I went to my Rome Italy Mission, our mission president (President Daniel Jensen) took us to the "future" temple grounds. There is much I could write about that moment, but to say the least, they are truly sacred grounds...Sunday morning I was able to meet up with my (2nd) mission president and his wife, the Rhein's. That was great. Most of the week up there was just relaxing, spending time on the BYU campus, and meeting up with my brother Marc, as well as with people I hadn't seen in a long time. I ended up staying with one of my all-time favorite roommates, Kelli (Blue Roofers for life!) on a last-minute whim and her and her husband took me in for several days. It was fun spending time with beautiful (& great mom) Kel and getting to know her husband, Kurt, and their beautiful daughter, Felicity. (Kurt, don't forget the M&M's challenge!) I also got to see my Taylor relatives and the Bingham's, as well as one of my districts (PRATO!) from the mission. After a great night of kareoke at Applebee's I think Brittany Mitchell has made her big break for a record deal (no, seriously she can make it big!). I stayed the last night catching up talking practically all night with my MTC companion, Emily Clayton... Wow, after a wonderful and fast week, I came away with feeling so grateful for all of these wonderful people in my life.
While I was gone, Doug found out that he officially has the navigator spot and that he is the very top alternate for pilot for the Air Force. Once he finishes in December with school, we pack up and go to San Antonio. We're excited, but sad that we only have a little bit left in this chapter of our lives. We most likely will be leaving in January. When I got back from Utah, we did our first open house and continue doing open houses every Saturday and Sunday. Keeping up with the house can be a challenge. We just hope that we can sell in this market without getting desperate! We've had a handful of walk-throughs since, but no real deals. Anyway, it will happen when it needs to happen. In the meantime, this is our favorite time of year and we truly are enjoying our beautiful (and hard-worked for!) home. For those of you who don't know, much blood, sweat, and tears (more on my part than Doug's) have gone into this home... a complete remodel to say the LEAST. With all that we have put into it, it will be hard to say goodbye... Hopefully we can have a "good buy" to help with it, though!

Well, I really wanted to shorten this post, but I realized that there was a lot to catch up on! Thanks for reading. I'm excited to put up Halloween pictures. We decided with our friends that we are going to dress up like the Clue characters (from the board game)! By the way, my new calling is a RS teacher (4th Sunday). I'm really excited about it. =)
6 comments:
Yay, I'm glad you posted. I can't wait to get a group pic of us in our costumes!
Thank heavens you posted! I hadn't heard the TX news and now that I read it I can't beleive it! aghh....We are going to miss you guys so stinking much!
Girlfriend! Love the new look. We are THRILLED to have been mentioned in your new post. We loved having you and you are an awesome sassy girl.
jacque!
aw wow your going to texas...well that will give us an excuse to visit that great state. We have gone back n forth on whether to go there for vacation or not. I love your blog and miss you.
Beki
You've been busy. That's exciting about Texas. I've never been, but would like to some day. Hey how do you know Tyler and April Farmer? I saw them on your side bar. Tyler's Dad served as one of my Dad's counsilors in the Stake Presidency when I grew up. Small world.
What the heck!? What am i going to do with out you here in AZ? I am sure going to miss you guys! But i am so excited for you to move away and make so many new friends...you are great at that! Good for Doug! That is amazing! I love your blog too. Wow...i have enjoyed living near you so much, but you are on to bigger and better things now. Good luck! If you need help you know who to call....not the ghost busters...call us.
Post a Comment