Sunday, September 21, 2008

A bittersweet week...

Well, I'm officially without a calling. After almost a year and a half serving as our primary president, I have been released! It's definitly a bittersweet feeling. We had our Sacrament program last week and it was the best Sunday I've ever had in primary. The kids did a great job with the program (the best I've ever seen... many other people said the same) and during our primary time, I felt that I had a very intimate moment in teaching with the kids and that we all enjoyed the day basking in the Spirit. I was just on this spiritual high that day... now I know why!! Tuesday night, I received a visit from our bishopric counselor and... that's that. It was quite a humbling calling, since I didn't seem to match the primary president stereotype, but I know that the Lord needed me in there for my own profit and learning. How grateful I've been for the examples of those kids and all those serving there. I am still in shock that I'm finished in there, but I'm so glad to know that my best friend, Tawnya, will be taking over. What a sweet spirit there is in the primary...

I went back to school this week, cast and all and my new scooter! It's called a Roller-aide... I should put up a picture. I'll add it later. It's pretty amusing though. All of my students are jealous of it. Anyway, I hate the whole "catch-up" game, but it's working out fine. My students have been extra nice to me and are helping out in the classroom. Before I left, I had the students sign up for certain responsibilities so that I wouldn't have to get up too much. They're doing a nice job with that.

This week, Doug has been going non-stop with his "Rider Concepts" t-shirts. It's a hobby that he has always been interested in having a side buisness with, but hasn't really ran with it until recently. I think he really has something special the way that he has designed them and has the buisness planned out. His style is pretty rad, if you ask me. I'll post the pictures and his website as soon as he gives me the okay.

Other than that, we've been able to show the house a few times. We are hoping to start doing open houses every weekend, so it's a matter of keeping the house clean at all times... That mainly happens thanks to a helpful hubby since I'm so gimpy! With the direction the economy is going, we hope to sell it soon.

Well, fall officially starts tomorrow... It's my favorite season to decorate! There's something about this time of year that I just love... Hopefully by next week, I'll have my decor up and ready! Hope you all have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Jack...I am so glad you have a blog because we live so far away and it is so hard to keep in touch...now it will be easier. Haha...just kidding. We need to hang out. How is your foot? I can't believe you are selling your house. Well...i guess i should just call you and catch up. Hope you are great....we should fly to Utah on the same flight...i was just looking at flights and i found a cheap one...so call me.

Tawnya said...

Yay, you're posting more! Doesn't it always seem like life is on cruise mode and then all of a sudden 4 things happen at once?? I'm in denial that you guys are actually leaving in the near future...

Jill said...

Your house is sooo nice!!! I am so glad that you are blogging! I love you!

Poe said...

Jax! When I first met you you were on crutches and had just bought a freaking scooter. Wow. I can picture the whole thing. I'm so sorry that you are a gimp and I hope that this surgery does the trick for ya. Your house by the way is amazing. I can't believe all the work you've done. Good job guys. I love it!

Cec said...

Crazy stuff...I am so glad you are blogging! Yaaayy!!! I had no idea...it seems like forever since we hung out!! I am sure your kids are going to miss you...you were probably such an awesome primary prez.

Kelli Radmall said...

Girlfriend-love your blog! Keep it up. I'm SO excited to see you soon!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Hi Jacque! I came across your blog randomly, but wanted to say, "HELLO!" You look fabulous and like your life is really great. Hope all is well with you!

Kara said...

So, you started a blog and didn't tell me about it! I was doing some blog stalking and it's such a small world. It wasn't that hard to find you! How the heck are you? If you ever check this, let me know by leaving me a comment on my blog!