
There's an angel on my lap, slowly stirring. Nothing like quiet reflections with the background noise of a newborn's deep breaths in the wee hours of the morning... wee hours being 7:30 a.m.
She did it!! She officially slept through the ENTIRE night! She ate last at 10 a.m., fell asleep immediately afterwards, and is STILL going (it's 8 a.m. and she'll be waking up soon). I know what a lot of you will want to say, "You're so lucky you have a baby that does that," or altogether you don't believe it's possible. The truth is, it's been work, but it's possible! Thanks to Cecilia and Tawnya (who I get to go to lunch with today), I followed the suggestions in "On Becoming Baby Wise" and it really worked! It takes a lot of conditioning. Emmalynn slept between 7-7.5 hours two nights before (and had been building it up before that), so it looks like she's really doing it (where's some wood to knock on????)! I'm thinking she's also doing it because she's had a rough week and a half with MAJOR gas issues and has been crying a LOT, especially in the evenings. Unfortunately, that's when most of the extended family spends time with her for the first time. It seems my baby has become colic-y and I've been doing some experiments and find that it's probably dairy. Dang. I sure love my bowls of cereal at night, but I may have to put all my dairy-loved foods away for a while. I always knew there would be sacrifices in motherhood, but I never thought that would be one!
Although I still haven't posted her "story" nor much of anything else going on lately, I just had to get my excitement out to the world (or to the few who actually will read this!). Merry Christmas to me!! =)
5 comments:
Hooray! It feels like such a huge accomplishment when they sleep through the night. Congrats to you and good job on following through. It really can be tough.
Nice work Jacque! It makes such a huge difference when you can get back to back to back hours of sleep :) Merry Christmas to you!
P.S. it was so great to see you the other night - Love you!
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! Emmalynn is beautiful and, wow, HOORAY, you're a MOM! You all make a beautiful family!
Good job at getting her to sleep through the night. Yes, what a great Christmas present. That stinks about having to give up cereal, though. That is one of my favorite foods, too. It's just for a little while, right?
Hi Jacque...we really miss you and i wish so bad i could hold your sweet little girl. She is so cute and you guys have got to be the best parents! I really hope everything is going great!
meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室 , meme104视讯聊天室
Post a Comment