So after 4 years of trying to conceive... we're proud to announce... WE'RE PREGNANT!! It wasn't, of course, without any assistance for our final success. In January, I went through the in-vitro process (IVF). Needless to say, many hormones, needles, skilled physicians, procedures, emotions, prayers, and support have gone to make this baby happen! Here's what we got to see the day of the "transfer", which was three days after they put our "peeps" together in a petri dish:
Then on February 8th, a call came in saying that my pregnancy test was a success!!!!! There's no way to describe the emotions that went into that phone call and what came afterwards for both Doug and I. Here's a few pictures of weeks 7 and 9:
I'm currently 10 weeks along and officially due on October 17th. We continue to pray and have faith that all will continue to go as smoothly as it has been going. We know we're EXTREMELY lucky with the success. One of the other gals I met and became close to through the IVF process just lost her baby. The faith, prayers, fasting and support of all of our loved ones is what we believe has made this happen. Oh what a little miracle and I look forward to posting more pictures as time progresses!! Isn't it crazy how much the baby changes in two weeks... I can already tell it's inherited my trait of a HUGE head! =)



14 comments:
:D YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so proud of your guys' "little peeps" for being such troopers!
Okay, I'm a sucker but that made me cry! I'm so, so, so happy for you and Doug. You guys are going to be such AWESOME parents. Love you!
Hello little niece or nephew that will come on October 7 (we have a birthday on Sept 27, Oct 1, Oct 4 so to keep with every three days, you will have this baby on Oct 7, I'm just saying it now so you know I am right).
Jacque, I'm so happy for you! You are going to be the best Mom! I'm so excited to hear more and see more pictures!
So so excited for you! You will be wonderful parents! We will continue to keep you and little Dough in our prayers! We miss you guys! All the best!
Love Christie and Ralph
AMAZING! You are going to love watching the little bean grow! I am so happy for you and Doug. CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY!
Big heads are BEAUTIFUL! Clint told me in high school that I had a fivehead. :) Congratulations. And the prayers are still coming. I know pregnancy is challenging even when it doesn't come with so much work. Good luck!
Hooray!! Awesome!! I am soooooo happy and excited for you! I chatted with Merideth the other day. That's cool that you live near each other. How do you like Louisiana??
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you and excited to hear about all the fun times to come...
Yay! Jacque, I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations! And hello? You're kid is gonna be stoked to have you for a mom. You're like the coolest girl in the whole world! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Congrats-Congrats! I love that big headed little bean already! p.s. I'm pretty sure they all have big heads like that in this stage of life...
So happy for you!
We are sooooo excited to meet the little one (girl I think)! She (or he) is going to be so blessed to join your family. You two will be such awesome parents... just make sure you make Doug change most of the diapers- he swears he will when it is his own.:) So awesome!!!
(this is actually from ellen)
I'm so happy for you guys!!! You guys will be awesome parents! I hope all goes well for you with the pregnancy, and I hope you haven't been too sick! Good Luck, and keep us all posted! :)
Post a Comment