
Tawnya & Cec and Lina (Cec's 4 month old) flew out from Arizona to spend the weekend with me. It was awesome. We celebrated (in a whimpy way) Cec's upcoming birthday with a cake when they first arrived Thursday night and stayed out on the deck talking till way too late! The weather was perfect all weekend for the rest of the activities.
Friday, we went and either got a pedicure or manicure, had a picnic on base while watching the T-38 fighters take off one after another, saw the awesome Natural Bridge Caverns, and then hung out downtown seeing the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and ate amazing BBQ (either that or Mexican here in Texas!). It was Cec's first experience eating ribs as far as she could remember ("they don't have them in her country"=). We came home and watched a movie and crashed.
Saturday we hit up Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Tawnya and Cec seemed to really enjoy the rides. I loved hanging out with Lina... she's getting so big and wow is she adorable. The rest of the afternoon, we went shopping in San Marcos at the outlets (their website says:
Voted the “Third-Best Place to Shop in the World” by ABC’s The View, Prime Outlets – San Marcos is the largest outlet shopping destination in Texas and the third-largest in the world.) We shopped till we almost dropped since we were there closing at 9pm.
Sunday, it was fun showing off my beautiful friends in church. We ate well afterwards (just like we did all weekend), played games, and then took off to the airport to drop them off. All in all, it was a fabulous weekend. I'm once again reminded of how grateful I am to have these gals as my friends. They're amazing women that inspire me to be better... what more could you ask for?
5 comments:
FUN! I need to come spend a weekend with you... we are long overdue for a
"catch up". Good thing we'll soon be living only a 12 hour drive away from in each other! Hopefully that'll be motivation enough for us to see each other :).
Looks like you had a blast! You are such a beauty, Mrs. Neil!
Basically, we are awesome. I can't believe it's already been a week since the trip started!! Good thing we may (or may not) see you soon. :)
K. First of all, I can't beleive you beat us to blogging about this. Second, I can't beleive how quick it went. Third, I can't beleive how much freaking fun it was.
Miss you already!
Good job posting Jax! I'm glad you had a fun weekend-I am jealous!
Post a Comment