Sunday, March 29, 2009

student & sub

Doug's studying is getting more intense.  He's got his biggest test since his training's begun tomorrow, so he's cramming right now.  I shouldn't say cramming... that's what I would do!  He's a much better student than I've ever been... maybe that's why instead of the student, I became the teacher!  =)  

Substituting has been fun.  I've done a total of only 5 days so far, but it's ranged from elementary music to high school math.  Tomorrow I'm a high school science teacher.  So far, no major issues and I come out from the day very satisfied.  I love being in the classroom and among the students, yet I don't have to take anything home nor do anything else!!  It's amazing still to me every time!  I'm still trying to decide if I'm doing as well as I feel confident (which confidence doesn't freely flow for me as a teacher) or if the girl crying because she wants me to stay as
 her teacher forever is just an emotional wreck.  The students seem to be respectful to me and recognize that I won't take on any bad behavior (you better believe that I put them in line right away!), yet that I'll be right there laughing with them.  I'm sure I'll come home crying with a horrible story that you all know you did to your subs.... =)  

Other than that, we feel that we're making more friendships and getting to know a lot of great people.  Although the beach campout was cancelled due to poor weather, we hung out with some couples and even made it down to the San Juan Mission and played at a nearby park.  Check out Sasha's twin sister... ok
ay, not twin, but you'd think by the pictures, huh?

We've appreciated all those who have extended their friendship and look forward to some fun times.... But we, of course, still miss everyone back home a lot, though!

5 comments:

Thelin Family said...

I don't know if I ever commented on your blog before. I have not been into the blogging world for that long but it is a great way to keep updated. Love and miss you. Glad that life is going well :)

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I'm sure that you are the coolest sub ever (and of course not a taker of crap) and that all the kids love you. Cuz you're just cool like that!

Kelli Radmall said...

Of course Jax is an awesome sub! When I was teaching, my 4th grade math class made a sub leave early and leave me a not too nice note about them because they started a rumor that she was a "smoker". They started this becasue the laminator had been left on all day in the school and was making a funky smell, so they decided the sub must be a smoker and they should pass notes and snicker about it. Needless to say she found out and I made some especially naughty kids write apology notes which were hi-larious. So-don't be offended if something like that happnes. Thanks for reminding me how dang funny and cruel kids are. Love your new post and love you roomie!

Ketsy said...

I am so glad to see that you are having a ton of fun in Texas. Hopefully you aren't missing the old ward as much as I am! Keep updating us on all your adventures. Love the bangs.

Whitney said...

Hi Jacque...

I really miss you being so close, but it looks like you guys are having a ball. You are so great. Mark needs Dougs help with a plumming thing so we are bummed you can't come over. You should come visit us when you are in town visiting your parents.

Love, whit