Today we gave our first talks in this ward on Ephesians 4:11-14. One thing that I was taught (through the Holy Ghost) was if "We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet", then wouldn't we constantly remind ourselves of the counsel given by our latter-day prophets and apostles? Wouldn't we seek to truly LEARN from hearing them in conference and in the Ensign? Wouldn't we be so excited to share with others that despite the constant changes that are occuring in our world, the heaven's aren't closed and we can know how to act? Wouldn't we know our Savior better as the purpose of these chosen men of God are to testify of Christ? Anyway, that's my Sunday devotional =) I think one of the favorite parts of speaking today was also when Doug's name was printed in the program as "Dough Neil". =) Here's what the Dough-boy and I have been up to:On March 12, we cashed in on the amazing Christmas gift from my Aunt Jonae and her family. They hooked usup with tickets to the Spurs vs. Lakers game (here in San Antonio) and it was such an awesome event. It was sold out and the crowd was intense! At least a third was cheering for the Lakers, it was pretty close the last few minutes, and so the energy in the AT&T center was nuts! We didn't know who we wanted to cheer for, but I guess I routed here and there for the Spurs (I didn't even realize it... maybe I feel more ownership to them than the Lakers, but I think I'd be more of a Lakers fan after experiencing the game). THANK YOU WISE FAMILY!!!!!!!! That was the best Christmas present you could've given us! =)
What made the game even cooler was when I was waiting for Doug (I mean Dough) to park the car, it started raining, so I ran for cover under a radio station tent which they were closing up. They gave us a movie and four tickets to the following night's Rampage hockey game (I love the hospitality of San Antonians!). Doug couldn't go, unfortunately, but it turned into a quick girls night for Karen Ford and I (we couldn't find anyone else free last minute to fill the other seats). She is in our new ward. We had a blast.
If you didn't see my blog in the last couple of weeks, you missed my Irish mode. We had a party for St. Patrick's Day, so I really started getting into the mood. I even made two decorations (you can see my "lucky" letters in the picture)! The party it turned out great. We had mainly ward members come over. We have some great families in our ward and are enjoying getting to know some of them.
One of the biggest blessings since we've been here was the Lord having sister missionaries in our ward here. I felt that I grew a very close relationship to Sister Byrne and Sister Peterson through their visits and through working with them. They brought a great spirit to our home and reminded both Doug and I of the importance of member-missionary work. It's something I know that I've been needing to do. However, I was very saddened to see the change of sisters to elders this week, but we've got a good set of elders... One of the things Doug emphasized in his talk today was about how his dad said that he was okay with his choice of the military because of the missionary opportunities we'll be having. We look forward to them. I guess that's why I'm being sustained next week as a ward missionary!
Yesterday, Doug and I ventured out to Brackenridge Park (a popular one here) and enjoyed the beauty of the first fruits of spring. Sasha jumped in the water and swam for the first time and actually loved it! Hopefully it was good prep for going camping at the beach down in Corpus Christi this weekend. We're going with some of these new ward friends.
We are sure enjoying the start of spring. We're definitly taking advantage of the BBQ and our deck. Our backyard tree is turning green! Come out and play! =)





3 comments:
Kolbs and I LOVE that his new name is 'Dough'. We were rolling when we read that. You guys can't make new replacement friends!!! And how dare you go camping?? Sheesh, I thought I knew you...
You guys did great in church. Thanks for helping out in my class too. The boys were off the walls last week. Have fun camping this weekend. Sounds fun.
Hey Jacque, I'm going private with my blog and wanted to keep in touch with you, so leave me your email address as a comment! How the freak are you, Lady? Love you!
Post a Comment