It's been a CRAZY month... Luckily we had an awesome trip back home for the holidays to relax before both Doug and I got beat up this month. We spent some great time with family and friends there. Christmas with the family and up to that cabin to go sledding. We rung in the new year with the Collard's & Burgess'... here's just a few pictures from the trip.

So then January came...We got back on New Year's Day and Doug took off for his three week survival training up in Washington state (just outside of Spokane) on Jan. 3rd for three weeks. Basically he learned how to survive in the wilderness, and went through a rigorous POW training... yes he came home beat up :( He finally returned home on Saturday late afternoon and zonked out the rest of the night and has loved his sleep since. Poor guy was put to the max. He has many stories, but of course can't tell too many details. All I know is that my man is HEMAN and I'm very proud of him for how well he did and the experiences he went through. In talking with him, it also sounds like we have a lot to be proud of for those men and women who serve in the armed forces for us. Doug really caught a touching glimpse of that at his training.

P.S. Here's a random tip for all of you that he just gave me a demo of (he learned it there): everyone needs to have a tube of ShoeGoo in their emergency 72 hr kits! He just gave me a demo and the stuff can be a great fire-starter and lasts for a while! I'm convinced! Not to mention, I never thought of having a tube of glue--it would sure come in handy for fixing anything.
Other than that, it's been a crazy busy month. We're just about to move down south to Barksdale Air Force Base in Shreveport, Louisiana for Doug's follow-up training for the B-52. We're sad to leave San Antonio because we've really loved it--lots to do, great friends, etc. We'll look forward to what Louisiana will bring us now.
4 comments:
Yay, a post!! Good job, Jac. :D
I love getting updates! Your life is such an adventure! ;) Keep it up.
K Fancy, when are you heading out this way? It's been WAY too long since we've hung out, girl, and I need some fancy craziness in my life!
Pat yourself on the back now for posting....finally!
Post a Comment